Saturday 6 November 1948
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Glenn Frey in Detroit and Glenn Frey.
Joan of Arc, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Studio One in Hollywood.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 November 1948!
Which were the important events of 6 November 1948 ?
- Glenn Frey in Detroit: Michigan, USA; rocker (Eagles - "Take it Easy").
- Glenn Frey: American pop singer and musician, he co-founded "The Eagles" band with his friend Don Henley and was co-author of the huge hit "Hotel California".
- Robert Hübner: German chess Grandmaster, chess writer, and papyrologist.
- Mohamed Hadid: Reality Star.
- Sidney Blumenthal: American journalist and political figure.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Freddy Martin & His Orchestra - On a Slow Boat to China
- Buttons and Bows - Betty Garrett (Art Mooney Orchestra)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?