Tuesday 2 November 1948
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Blood on the Moon, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1948!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1948 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
Famous Birthdays:02 November
- Truman beats Dewey, confounding pollsters and newspapers
- WJZ TV channel 13 in Baltimore, Maryland (ABC) begins broadcasting
- Harry Truman beats Dewey for US Presidency, confounding pollsters and newspapers.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Buttons and Bows - Dinning Sisters
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?