Tuesday 2 November 1948
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rich Gooch and Jean Hombert.
Blood on the Moon, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Studio One in Hollywood.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1948!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1948 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
Famous Birthdays:02 November
- Truman beats Dewey, confounding pollsters and newspapers
- WJZ TV channel 13 in Baltimore, Maryland (ABC) begins broadcasting
- Harry Truman beats Dewey for US Presidency, confounding pollsters and newspapers.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 November 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Buttons and Bows - Dinning Sisters
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?