Friday 9 August 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Great Love, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1918 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Kermit Beahan: American colonel (d. 1989).
- Giles Cooper: Irish soldier and playwright (d. 1966).
- Albert Seedman: American police officer (d. 2013).
- Robert Aldrich: US director / producer (Dirty Dozen).
- Reds manager Christy Mathewson suspects Hal Chase of taking bribes to fix games, and suspends him for indifferent play
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Bring Back My Soldier Boy to Me - Olive Kline
- What are You Going to Do to Help the Boys? - Shannon Four
- Rock-a-Bye Your Baby with a Dixie Melody - Arthur Fields
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?