Saturday 17 August 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mort Marshall and Evelyn Ankers.
The Great Love, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1918 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Mort Marshall: NYC, New York -- Actor (Cully-Dumplings).
- Evelyn Ankers: Actress (Black Beauty, Jungle Woman), dies at 67.
- Ike Quebec: American tenor-saxophone player (Born 1918).
- Michael Wise: English geographer and academic (d. 2015).
- Moisei Uritsky: Russian revolutionary (Born 1873).
- British troops attack Baku Azerbaijan
- Turkish troops overthrow Caukasus
- Bolshevik revolutionary leader Moisei Uritsky is assassinated.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 August 1918
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Tiger Rag - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- Belgian Rose - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- I'm Always Chasing Rainbows - Harry Fox
- I'm Always Chasing Rainbows - Sam Ash
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?