Saturday 17 August 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Great Love, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1918 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Evelyn Ankers: Actress (Black Beauty, Jungle Woman), dies at 67.
- Ike Quebec: American tenor-saxophone player (Born 1918).
- Michael Wise: English geographer and academic (d. 2015).
- Mort Marshall: NYC, New York -- Actor (Cully-Dumplings).
- Moisei Uritsky: Russian revolutionary (Born 1873).
- British troops attack Baku Azerbaijan
- Turkish troops overthrow Caukasus
- Bolshevik revolutionary leader Moisei Uritsky is assassinated.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Tiger Rag - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- Belgian Rose - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- I'm Always Chasing Rainbows - Harry Fox
- I'm Always Chasing Rainbows - Sam Ash
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1918?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 August 1918 and get them!