Sunday 9 August 1936
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Julian Javier and Patrick Tse Yin.
The Last of the Mohicans, directed by George B. Seitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1936!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1936 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Julian Javier: American baseball player.
- Patrick Tse Yin: Hong Kong film director.
- Julián Javier: Dominican-American baseball player.
- Patrick Tse: Chinese-Hong Kong actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Jesse Owens wins fourth gold medal of Berlin Olympics.
- Summer Olympic Games: Games of the XI Olympiad : Jesse Owens wins his fourth gold medal at the games becoming the first American to win four medals in one Olympiad.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?