Wednesday 9 September 1903
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Der Specht, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1903!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1903 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Maurice Bleicher: France Scientist.
- Gaston Bizard: Lille physician.
- Paul Souffron: France Writer.
- Lev Shankovsky: Ukrainian military historian (d. 1995).
- Edward Upward: British novelist and short-story writer (Born 1903).
- Phyllis Whitney: Japanese-American writer who is the best-selling author of romantic suspense novels. In total, she has written 68 books, including "Flaming Tree," "Rainsong," and her latest, "Silversword" (1984).
- 6 km long Engadin-railroad tunnel of Switzerland inaugurated
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1903 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hurrah for Baffin's Bay - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Beautiful Bird, Sing On - Harry Macdonough & Joe Belmont
- The Rosary - William H. Thompson
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1903?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 September 1903 and get them!