Wednesday 9 September 1903
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Phyllis Whitney and Maurice Bleicher.
Der Specht, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1903!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1903 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Phyllis Whitney: Japanese-American writer who is the best-selling author of romantic suspense novels.
- Maurice Bleicher: France Scientist.
- Paul Souffron: France Writer.
- Gaston Bizard: Lille physician.
- Lev Shankovsky: Ukrainian military historian (d. 1995).
- Edward Upward: British novelist and short-story writer (Born 1903)
- 6 km long Engadin-railroad tunnel of Switzerland inaugurated
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1903 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hurrah for Baffin's Bay - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Beautiful Bird, Sing On - Harry Macdonough & Joe Belmont
- The Rosary - William H. Thompson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1903?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?