Thursday 10 November 1983
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to All Night Long (All Night) by Lionel Richie.
In UK Uptown Girl by Billy Joel was in the top 5 hits.
All the Right Moves, directed by Michael Chapman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Poland by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 1983!
Which were the important events of 10 November 1983 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
- Brian Dinkelman: American baseball player.
- Dinko Felić: Norwegian footballer.
- Ryan Mattheus: American baseball player.
- Craig Smith: American basketball player.
- Marius Žaliūkas: Lithuanian footballer.
- Miranda Lambert: American country music artist who gained fame as a finalist on the 2003 season of Nashville Star, where she finished in third place and later signed to Epic Records. Lambert made her debut with the release of "Me and Charlie Talking", the first single from her 2005 debut album Kerosene. This album, which was certified Platinum in the United States, also produced the singles "Bring Me Down", "Kerosene", and "New Strings". All four singles were Top 40 hits on Billboard Hot Country Songs.
- Amen Corner opens at Nederlander Theater NYC for 83 performances
- Federal government shut down
- At the Helmsley Palace Hotel in New York City, Microsoft formally announces Microsoft Windows for the IBM PC. This is the most elaborate product introduction in industry history. Windows is promised for release in April, 1984. Bill Gates predicts that by the end of 1984, Windows would be used on over 90 percent of all IBM compatible PCs.
- The anticancer drug etoposide is approved by the FDA, leading to a curative treatment regime in the field of combination chemotherapy of testicular carcinoma.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Say Say Say
- Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night)
- Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- Kenny Rogers - Islands In The Stream
- Air Supply - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All
- Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
- The Fixx - One Thing Leads To Another
- Quiet Riot - Cum On Feel The Noize
- Prince - Delirious
- The Motels - Suddenly Last Summer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 10 November 1983 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?