Friday 11 November 1983, Veteran's Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cristian Cienfuegos and Philipp Lahm.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to All Night Long (All Night) by Lionel Richie.
In UK Uptown Girl by Billy Joel was in the top 5 hits.
Sleepaway Camp, directed by Robert Hiltzik, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Poland by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bomberman or Killer Gorilla.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1983!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1983 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Cristian Cienfuegos: Mexican writer and music composer.
- Philipp Lahm: German footballer who plays as a full back or defensive midfielder for Bayern Munich and the German national team, both of which he captains.
- Suzuki Tatsuhisa: Japanese voice actor and singer from Okazaki, Aichi, Japan.
- Brittny Gastineau: American socialite.
- Arouna Koné: Ivorian footballer.
- 1st US cruise missiles arrive in Great Britain
- Ronald Reagan becomes the first U.S. President to address the Diet, Japan's national legislature.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night)
- Kenny Rogers - Islands In The Stream
- Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
- Paul McCartney - Say Say Say
- Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- The Fixx - One Thing Leads To Another
- Quiet Riot - Cum On Feel The Noize
- Prince - Delirious
- Air Supply - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All
- The Motels - Suddenly Last Summer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?