Friday 18 November 1983
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mila J and Travis Buck.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to All Night Long (All Night) by Lionel Richie.
In UK Uptown Girl by Billy Joel was in the top 5 hits.
Terms of Endearment, directed by James L. Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Pet Sematary by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching SCTV Channel.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Flip & Flop or Pac & Pal.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1983!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1983 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night)
- Paul McCartney - Say Say Say
- Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
- Kenny Rogers - Islands In The Stream
- Quiet Riot - Cum On Feel The Noize
- Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- Pat Benatar - Love Is A Battlefield
- The Fixx - One Thing Leads To Another
- The Motels - Suddenly Last Summer
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Say It Isn't So
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?