Monday 11 July 1994
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Swear by All-4-One.
In UK Love Is All Around by Wet Wet Wet was in the top 5 hits.
Angels in the Outfield, directed by William Dear, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1994
while In the Kitchen With Rosie by Rosie Dale was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1994.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1994!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1994 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Bartłomiej Kalinkowski: Polish footballer.
- Lucas Ocampos: Argentinian footballer.
- Anthony Milford: Australian rugby league footballer.
- Nina Nesbitt: Pop Singer.
- Alan David Melville: Polymath, dies at 82.
- Bart Scheepens: Actor / director, dies of AIDS at 50.
- Charles "Lefty" Edwards: Saxophonist, dies at 67.
- James Topping: Author of CP / M, dies at 52.
- Lex P Humphries: Drummer, dies at 57.
- Wim Jurg: Corrector / Chairman (Werelddambond FMJD), dies at 49
- Savannah : American porno star, a blonde goddess with huge (enhanced) breasts and a fame for acting as intensely as a bedpost. The daughter of teenage parents, she became famed for her great looks and body. In a car accident, her face was seriously damaged; seeing no future, she committed suicide 7/11/1994, 1:30 AM, Los Angeles, CA.
- Gary Kildall dies in a bar brawl, at age 52. He was an American microcomputer industry visionary and pioneer, most well-known for creating the CP/M operating system.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1994 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?