Saturday 23 March 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Young Love by Tab Hunter.
Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1957!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1957 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Teresa Ganzel in Toledo: Ohio, USA; actress (Teachers Only, Duck Factory).
- Amanda Plummer in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Hotel New Hampshire, Dollmaker).
- Sheila Rena Ingram in Washington: DC, USA; 4X400 metre relay racer (Olympics-silver-1976).
- Lucio Gutierrez: Ecuadorian politician.
- Curtis Mickunas: American astrologer, specialist in relocation astrology in which he offers satisfaction guaranteed on his work.
- Teresa Ganzel: American actress
- Lucio Gutiérrez: Ecuadorian politician 52nd President of Ecuador
- Robbie James: Welsh footballer and manager (d. 1998)
- Amanda Plummer: American actress
- L Patrick Abercrombie: English architect, dies at age 77.
- US army sells last homing pigeons.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1957 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?