Monday 11 May 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
This Gun for Hire, directed by Frank Tuttle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1942!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1942 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Rachel Billington: British author.
- Terry McGovern in Berkley: California, USA; actor (Jim - Charlie and Company, Nine Months).
- Pam Clement: British actress, best known for playing Pat Butcher in the BBC One soap opera EastEnders from 1986 until 2012, therefore becoming one of the programme's longest-serving cast members.
- Japanese troops conquer Kalewa.
- William Faulkner's collections of short stories, Go Down, Moses, is published.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?