Tuesday 5 May 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Amy Hill and Tammy Wynette in Redbay.
In This Our Life, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1942 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Amy Hill: Actress (Grandma-Seinfeld, Pauly Shore).
- Tammy Wynette in Redbay: Alabama, USA; country singer ("Stand by your Man").
- Istvan Bujtor: Hungarian actor (d. 2009).
- Tammy Wynette: American country singer, named the Country Music Association's Female Vocalist-Of-The-Year three times.
- Marc Alaimo: American actor.
- István Bujtor: Hungarian actor director producer and screenwriter (d. 2009)
- Jean Corston: Baroness Corston English lawyer and politician
- Hugh Courtenay: 18th Earl of Devon English politician (d. 2015)
- Qemal Stafa: Albanian politician (Born 1920).
- US begins rationing sugar during WWII
- British assault on Diego Suarez, Madagascar.
- WWII ampndash Operation Ironclad: United Kingdom forces invade the French colony of Madagascar.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?