Wednesday 27 May 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Yankee Doodle Dandy, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1942!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1942 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Jean-Paul Sauthier: .
- Kent Bede Bernard: Trinidad -- 4X400 runner (1964 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Priscilla Anne McLean: Composer.
- Lee Baca: American law enforcement official.
- Piers Courage: English race car driver (d. 1970).
- Roger Freeman: Baron Freeman English accountant and politician Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster
- Robin Widdows: English race car driver
- Roberto Bestonso: French ballet dancer in the companies of Petit, 1965-1967, the Opera, 1966 and the London Festival, 1967. He eventually was appointed the principal soloist. In 1970, he went to South Africa to dance with the "Pact" ballet.
- Priscilla McLean: American composer, performer, video artist, writer, and music reviewer.
- Hitler orders 10,000 Czechs murdered
- Top German Nazi Reinhard Heydrich is shot and mortally wounded in Prague
- Italian army begin siege of French western Fort Bir Hachim.
- Dorie Miller, awarded Navy Cross medal for deeds at Pearl Harbor.
- World War II: In Operation Anthropoid, Reinhard Heydrich is assassinated in Prague.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?