Friday 15 May 1942
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
This Gun for Hire, directed by Frank Tuttle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1942!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1942 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Lois Johnson: American singer-songwriter (d. 2014).
- Jusuf Kalla: Indonesian businessman and politician 10th Vice President of Indonesia.
- Doug Lowe: Australian politician 35th Premier of Tasmania.
- K Oslin: American singer-songwriter and actress.
- Larry Pines: American astrologer and part-time actor.
- Anthony Wayne England in Indianapolis: Indiana, USA; PhD/astronaut (STS 51-F).
- Gasoline 1st rationed in US (17 Eastern States)
- Nazi occupiers in the Netherlands arrests 2,000 Dutch officers
- Gasoline first rationed in US (17 Eastern States).
- World War II: in the United States, a bill creating the Women's Army Auxiliary Corps (WAAC) is signed into law.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?