Sunday 14 April 1974
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Allen Lambert in Honolulu and Da Brat.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Bennie And The Jets by Elton John.
In UK Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks was in the top 5 hits.
The Conversation, directed by Francis Ford Coppola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Burr by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Little Doctor.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spasim or Tank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1974!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1974 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Mike Allen Lambert in Honolulu: Hawaii; volleyball opposite hitter (Olympics-1996).
- Da Brat: American rapper.
- 38th Golf Masters Championship: Gary Player wins, shooting a 278.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Sister Janet Mead - The Lord's Prayer
- Redbone - Come And Get Your Love
- John Denver - Sunshine On My Shoulders
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
- Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun
- Ringo Starr - Oh My My
- Carly Simon - Mockingbird
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?