Saturday 14 April 1973
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roland Beauchesne and Adrien Brody.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia by Vicki Lawrence.
In UK Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree by Dawn featuring Tony Orlando was in the top 5 hits.
High Plains Drifter, directed by Clint Eastwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Odessa File by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lemmi und die Schmöker.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or Gotcha.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1973!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1973 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Roland Beauchesne: American homicide accomplice who helped his pal, Simon Piper, to murder his mom on 7/14/1994, c. 5:00 PM, Blandford, MA.
- Adrien Brody: American actor, he won an Oscar in early 2003 for best actor after he turned in a riveting performance in "The Pianist" (2002).
- Roberto Ayala: Argentinian footballer.
- David Miller: American tenor and actor (Il Divo).
- Acting FBI director L Patrick Gray resigns after admitting he destroyed evidence in the Watergate scandal.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Vicki Lawrence - The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
- Four Tops - Ain't No Woman (Like The One I've Got)
- Carpenters - Sing
- War - The Cisco Kid
- Anne Murray - Danny's Song
- The Stylistics - Break Up To Make Up
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Al Green - Call Me (Come Back Home)
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Dawn featuring Tony Orlando - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Gary Glitter - Hello Hello I'm Back Again
- I'm A Clown / Some Kind Of Summer - David Cassidy
- Little Jimmy Osmond - Tweedle Dee
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?