Sunday 14 April 1996
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion.
In UK Return Of The Mack by Mark Morrison was in the top 5 hits.
James and the Giant Peach, directed by Henry Selick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Green Mile, Part 1: The Two Dead Girls by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1996.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1996!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1996 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
Famous Birthdays:14 April
- Detroit Red Wings win NHL record 62 games.
- 60th Golf Masters Championship: Nick Faldo wins, shooting a 276.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows
- Alanis Morissette - Ironic
- R. Kelly - Down Low (Nobody Has To Know)
- Brandy - Sittin' Up In My Room
- 1,2,3,4 (Sumptin' New) - Coolio
- Mary J. Blige - Not Gon' Cry
- LL Cool J - Doin' It
- Gin Blossoms - Follow You Down
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?