Thursday 14 August 1919
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Mother and the Law, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1919.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1919!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1919 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Jo Frachon: French singer and musician.
- Isaac Kidd: American military man who achieved the rank of Admiral in the US Navy; he is the son of a noted military officer killed at the attack on Pearl Harbor.
- White Sox Happy Felsch ties record of 4 outfield assists in a game
- Yankee Muddy Ruel hits into a triple-play
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'll Say She Does - Al Jolson
- Spirt of Independence March - Conway's Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?