Wednesday 14 October 1931
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Susan Lenox <Her Fall and Rise>, directed by Greta Garbo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 14 October 1931 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Susan Lenox <Her Fall and Rise>
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 14 October 1931 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
See other famous people born on 14 October
- 1st broadcast of Dutch Radio Peoples University
- Spanish Cortes agrees to separation of Church and State
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1931?
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Baron Kijuro Shidehara -- Oct. 12, 1931
- Science: Science vol. 74 issue 1919
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Primo Carnera -- Oct. 5, 1931
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Nobel Laureate Pearl S. Buck’s epic Pulitzer Prize-winning novel and Oprah Book Club selection about a vanished China and one family’s shifting fortunes.Though more than seventy years have passed since this remarkable novel won the Pulitzer Prize, it has retained ...
Willa Cather's novel of seventeenth-century Quebec is a luminous evocation of North American origins, and of the men and women who struggled to adapt to a new world even as they clung to the artifacts and manners of one they ...
Abbie Deal, the matriarch of a pioneer Nebraska family, has died at the beginning of A White Bird Flying, leaving her china and heavy furniture to others and to her granddaughter Laura the secret of her dream of finer things.
A grand hotel in the center of 1920s Berlin serves as a microcosm of the modern world in Vicki Baum’s celebrated novel, a Weimar-era best seller that retains all its verve and luster today.
Tell the world why 14 October 1931 is such a special date for you!