Saturday 15 April 1989
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to She Drives Me Crazy by Fine Young Cannibals.
In UK Eternal Flame by The Bangles was in the top 5 hits.
Field of Dreams, directed by Phil Alden Robinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1989!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1989 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- 95 crushed to death at Sheffield Soccer Stadium in England
- South African / British Olympic runner Zola Budd marries
- Then largest lottery in North America ($69M) drawn in Illinois
- Sue Marchiano wins third World Cup female marathon (2:30:48).
- Students in Beijing pro-democracy protests.
- Largest lottery win to date in North America (US$69 million) drawn in Illinois.
- Hillsborough disaster: A human crush occurs at Hillsborough Stadium, home of Sheffield Wednesday, in the FA Cup Semi Final, resulting in the deaths of 96 Liverpool F.C. fans.
- Upon Hu Yaobang's death, the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 begin in the People's Republic of China.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?