Friday 7 April 1989
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Look by Roxette.
In UK Eternal Flame by The Bangles was in the top 5 hits.
Say Anything..., directed by Cameron Crowe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1989!
Which were the important events of 7 April 1989 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- Alexa Demara: American model.
- Franco Di Santo: Argentinian footballer.
- Teddy Riner: French world champion in Judo,winning his first world title in 2007, the youngest male ever to do so.
- Tikhon Toropets: Patriarch of Russian-Orthodox / saint.
- Soviet submarine Komsomolets sinks in the Barents Sea off the coast of Norway killing 42 sailors.
- Georgian demonstrators are massacred by Red Army soldiers in Tbilisi's central square during a peaceful rally 20 citizens are killed, many injured.
- A dispute over grazing rights leads to the beginning of the Mauritania–Senegal Border War.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?