Sunday 15 April 1990
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emma Watson and Alex Parvis.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to I'll Be Your Everything by Tommy Page.
In UK Vogue by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
Cry-Baby, directed by John Waters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The Bourne Ultimatum by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jeeves and Wooster.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 1941: Counter Attack or Darkspyre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1990.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1990!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1990 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Emma Watson: British actress.
- Alex Parvis: YouTube Star.
- Cherry Wallis: YouTube Star.
- Lily Carter: American porn actress.
- Greta Garbo: Swedish-American actress, one of the most magical and famous of the stars of the silver screen.
- In Living Color premieres on FOX-TV
- Greenidge and Haynes make 298 opening stand (versus England), their best.
- Lebanon hostage crisis: Lebanese kidnappers release American educator Robert Polhill, who had been held hostage since January 1987.
- Earth Day 20 is celebrated by millions worldwide.
- Cold War: West Germany and East Germany agree to merge currency and economies on July 1.
- ''STS-31'': The Hubble Space Telescope is launched aboard Space Shuttle ''Discovery''.
- President of Zaire Mobutu Sese Seko lifts a 20-year ban on opposition parties.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Page - I'll Be Your Everything
- Jane Child - Don't Wanna Fall In Love
- Lisa Stansfield - All Around The World
- Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U
- Taylor Dayne - Love Will Lead You Back
- Calloway - I Wanna Be Rich
- Luther Vandross - Here And Now
- Technotronic - Get Up! (Before The Night Is Over)
- KISS - Forever
- Alannah Myles - Black Velvet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?