Sunday 15 May 1932
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1932.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 15 May 1932 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 15 May 1932 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
See other famous people born on 15 May
John Barnes: English saxophonist and clarinet player.
John Glen: Thames, England -- Actor (Spy Who Loves Me, Backfire).
Ki Inukai: Premier Japan (1931-32), murdered.
- The May 15 Incident: in an attempted Coup d'etat, the Prime Minister of Japan Inukai Tsuyoshi is killed.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1932?
- Science: Science vol. 75 issue 1950
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Rt. Reverend Freemen -- May 9, 1932
- Science: Science vol. 75 issue 1949
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Nobel Laureate Pearl S. Buck’s epic Pulitzer Prize-winning novel and Oprah Book Club selection about a vanished China and one family’s shifting fortunes.Though more than seventy years have passed since this remarkable novel won the Pulitzer Prize, it has retained ...
Charles Morgan's "The Fountain" by now needs little introduction, having won overwhelming praise, from the best critical minds in England and America.The scene is Enkendaal, the castle of the van Leydens, a Dutch family of ancient lineage.
Second in the trilogy that began with The Good Earth, Buck's classic and starkly real tale of sons rising against their honored fathers tells of the bitter struggle to the death between the old and the new in China.
Louis Golding (1895-1958), a Ukrainian-Jewish writer born in Manchester, wrote Magnolia Street, a 1932 bestseller based on the Hightown area of Manchester, as it was in the 1920s featuring a street divided into 'gentile' and 'Jewish' sides.
Tell the world why 15 May 1932 is such a special date for you!