Wednesday 15 June 1932
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Einar K Enevoldson and Mario Cuomo.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
You can also have a look at the whole 1932 or at June 15 across the years.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 15 June 1932 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 15 June 1932 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
Einar K Enevoldson: United States -- Nasa test pilot (X-24B).
Mario Cuomo: American lawyer and politician, Secretary of State, Lt.
Marilyn Thorpe: American noted family, the daughter of actress Mary Astor, born during a trip to Hawaii.
David Alliance: Baron Alliance Iranian-English businessman and politician.
Zia Dagar: Indian singer (d. 2013).
See other famous people born on 15 June
Bernie Faloney: American-Canadian football player and sportscaster (d. 1999)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Subscribe to our Newsletter
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1932?
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Walter F. Brown -- June 13, 1932
- Science: Science vol. 75 issue 1954
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Emperor Hirohito -- June 6, 1932
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Nobel Laureate Pearl S. Buck’s epic Pulitzer Prize-winning novel and Oprah Book Club selection about a vanished China and one family’s shifting fortunes.Though more than seventy years have passed since this remarkable novel won the Pulitzer Prize, it has retained ...
Many of the earliest books, particularly those dating back to the 1900s and before, are now extremely scarce and increasingly expensive. Hesperides Press are republishing these classic works in affordable, high quality, modern editions, using the original text and artwork.
Second in the trilogy that began with The Good Earth, Buck's classic and starkly real tale of sons rising against their honored fathers tells of the bitter struggle to the death between the old and the new in China.
Louis Golding (1895-1958), a Ukrainian-Jewish writer born in Manchester, wrote Magnolia Street, a 1932 bestseller based on the Hightown area of Manchester, as it was in the 1920s featuring a street divided into 'gentile' and 'Jewish' sides.
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Tell the world why 15 June 1932 is such a special date for you!