Thursday 16 October 1975
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Bad Blood by Neil Sedaka.
In UK Hold Me Close by David Essex was in the top 5 hits.
Rooster Cogburn, directed by Stuart Millar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Ragtime by E. L. Doctorow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1975.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1975!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1975 ?
- Christophe Maé: French pop singer born to a pastry cook, he began to play the violin, harmonica, and guitare very early.
- Jamila Wideman: WNBA guard (LA Sparks).
- Mahmood Zarooni: Emirati horse rider and trainer.
- Ernesto Aquino: Honduran footballer.
- Sally Biddulph: British journalist and presenter.
- Brynjar Gunnarsson: Icelandic footballer
- Jacques Kallis: South African cricketer
- Kellie Martin: American actress
- The Balibo Five, a group of Australian television journalists based in the town of Balibo in the then Portuguese Timor (now East Timor), are killed by Indonesian troops.
- Rahima Banu, a 2-year old girl from the village of Kuralia in Bangladesh, is the last known person to be infected with naturally occurring smallpox.
- The Australian Coalition opposition parties using their senate majority, vote to defer the decision to grant supply of funds for the Whitlam Government's annual budget, sparking the 1975 Australian constitutional crisis.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?