Friday 16 September 2005
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Gold Digger by Kanye West.
In UK Don't Cha by The Pussycat Dolls featuring Busta Rhymes was in the top 5 hits.
A History of Violence, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2005
while Eldest by Christopher Paolini was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 2005!
Which were the important events of 16 September 2005 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Princess Jalilah bint Ali: of Jordan.
- The Camorra organized crime boss Paolo Di Lauro gets arrested in Naples, Italy.
- Conflict in Iraq: At least 10 people died as a Shia Mosque is bombed in Tuz Khurmatu, Central Iraq. (BBC)
- Hamas hold a huge prayer rally in the now abandoned Israeli settlements in the Gaza Strip, leading thousands of Palestinian Muslims in Friday Prayers (Salat ul Jum'a). (BBC)
- 87 journalists are arrested at a protest in Nepal. (CTV)
- The President of Pakistan, Pervez Musharraf, has evoked outrage by suggesting that rape victims in Pakistan are part of a ampquotmoney making concernampquot. (BBC)
- Hurricane Ophelia is downgraded to a tropical storm as it appears to head out to the Atlantic Ocean. (Science Daily)
- The Bicentennial of the Battle of Trafalgar and the death of Admiral Lord Nelson is commemorated by a re-enactment of the 1806 waterborne state funeral procession on the River Thames in London. (BBC)
- New Zealand prepares to go to the polls on Saturday. (New Zealand Herald)/text
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2005 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 September 2005 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?