Monday 19 September 2005
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Gold Digger by Kanye West.
In UK Don't Cha by The Pussycat Dolls featuring Busta Rhymes was in the top 5 hits.
A History of Violence, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2005
while Eldest by Christopher Paolini was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2005.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 2005!
Which were the important events of 19 September 2005 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 September
- North Korea agrees to stop building nuclear weapons in exchange for aid and cooperation.
- Hurricane Rita is forecast to become a major storm in the Gulf of Mexico this week. Mayor Ray Nagin has ordered an evacuation of New Orleans. (CTV)
- Conflict in Iraq:
- A US diplomat and three American security guards are killed following an insurgent Suicide car bomb attack in Mosul, northern Iraq. (Washington Post)
- Two undercover UK soldiers are detained on claims they had been planting bombs, evading arrest, exchanging fire with police, killing one, and failing to stop at a checkpoint. An operation to free the two prisoners ends with civilians gathering around the tanks sent to free the prisoners and setting the tanks they were in alight. Soldiers from the tanks flee the scene while being stoned by the locals, one man, Sergeant George Long, of the Staffordshire Regiment, was seen on fire and another man
- At least 10 people, nine police and one civilian, have died following a series of explosions at a Shia festival marking the birth of the Imam Mehdi in Karbala. (BBC)
- Former president Bill Clinton under pressure from Democratic party leaders criticises President George W. Bush's policies on Iraq, Hurricane Katrina and budget deficits. (Yahoo News) (Link dead as of 21:23, 14 January 2007 (UTC))
- Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: An Israeli judicial inquiry rules out prosecuting police officers who allegedly shot dead 13 Israeli Arabs during a violent demonstration in 2000 due to lack of sufficient evidence, as fellow soldier refused to testify against the man. (Ha'aretz)
- At least 154 of the dead in New Orleans were patients in hospitals and nursing homes. They represent more than 25 percent of the bodies recovered to date. (CivilRights.org)
- One person is injured following an apparent letter bomb attack in the British Embassy in the Croatian capital Zagreb. (BBC)
- ''7th Heaven'' officially became the longest running family drama in television history when former network ''The WB'' began airing the series' 10th season.
- North Korea agrees to drop all nuclear weapons programs and return ampquotat an early dateampquot to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. (Reuters)
- Santana Moss makes two miracle touchdown catches in the final minutes of a Redskins-Cowboys game to win 14-13, bringing the first Washington Redskins victory at Texas Stadium in ten years.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2005 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?