Friday 30 September 2005
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Gold Digger by Kanye West.
In UK Don't Cha by The Pussycat Dolls featuring Busta Rhymes was in the top 5 hits.
Waiting..., directed by Rob McKittrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2005
while Eldest by Christopher Paolini was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2005.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 2005!
Which were the important events of 30 September 2005 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Michael Eisner resigns from The Walt Disney Company board of directors, also his last day as CEO of the company. The value of the company during Eisner's term (1984-2005) rose from US$3 billion to US$60 billion. New company CEO is Robert Iger.
- The controversial drawings of Muhammad are printed in the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten.
- The 2005 Bali bombings kill 26 people and injure more than 100.
- The world's largest bank, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, is formed by the merger of 2 Japanese banking conglomerates.
- An Australian photojournalist in Afghanistan, Stephen Dupont, films U.S. soldiers burning 2 dead Taliban militias' bodies.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2005 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?