Sunday 18 September 2005
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Gold Digger by Kanye West.
In UK Don't Cha by The Pussycat Dolls featuring Busta Rhymes was in the top 5 hits.
A History of Violence, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2005
while Eldest by Christopher Paolini was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Les invincibles.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2006 Trophy Season or Star Wars: Republic Commando.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 2005!
Which were the important events of 18 September 2005 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 September
- Michael Park: British Rally co-driver (Born 1966).
- Afghan parliamentary election: Former Northern Alliance warlords and their followers claim victory.
- Vice Admiral Thad Allen warns that New Orleans tap water is still unfit to drink. He cautions that mayor Ray Nagin's encouragement of residents outside the French Quarter to return is ampquotextremely problematicampquot at this time. (Washington Times)
- Conflict in Iraq:
- Insurgents in the Iraqi capital of Baghdad kill three, including the Kurdish Member of Parliament, Faris Hussein. (BBC)
- President of Pakistan, Pervez Musharraf, addresses the American Jewish Congress, the first leader of a Muslim nation not recognizing Israel to do so. He broke bread and led salat from the Quran. (BBC)
- Russia wins the Fed Cup title for second straight year, beating France 3:2 in the final. (Yahoo! Sport News)/text
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2005 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?