Wednesday 30 March 1949
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Set-Up, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 March 1949!
Which were the important events of 30 March 1949 ?
- Saint John Climacus (died 649)
- Easter in 1975, 1986, 1991, and 1997.
- Roman Empire - Festival devoted to Salus.
- Land Day.
- Spiritual Baptist/Shouter Liberation Day - Public holiday in Trinidad and Tobago.
- National Doctors' Day - observed in the USA.
- Saint Quirinus (d. 117)
- Saint Veronus
- Blessed Amadeus IX of Savoy
- Tank : American actor, artist and illustrator.
- Leslie Joan Corn: Theatre producer / director / writer.
- Gail Bird: Native American artist.
- Liza Frulla: Canadian talk show host and politician 3rd Minister of Canadian Heritage.
- Dana Gillespie: English singer-songwriter and actress.
- Lene Lovich: American singer-songwriter
- Naomi Sims: American fashion model and businesswoman (d. 2009)
- Ray Magliozzi: American auto mechanic, host of radio's "Car Talk" with his brother Tom.
- Sue Cook: British television host of investigative programs and AM talk show. Cook started with "Nationwide" in 1979-1983 and moved on to "Crimewatch UK" 1984-1995, as well as handling "Breakfast Time" and the annual "Children in Need."
- Friedrich C R Bergius: chemist (brown coal, Nobel Prize 1931), dies at age 64.
- A riot breaks out in Austurvollur square in Reykjavik, when Iceland joins NATO.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 March 1949 and get them!