Friday 18 November 1927
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Gaucho, directed by F. Richard Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1927!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1927 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Lawrence Kenneth Moss: Composer.
- Roger Tailleur: French film critic and journalist.
- Ann Parker: American astrologer, the author of "Astrology and Alcoholism," 1982 and research works on Earthquakes.
- Hank Ballard: American rhythm'n'blues singer and songwriter (d. 2003).
- Knowlton Nash: Canadian journalist and author (d. 2014).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 November 1927 and get them!