Tuesday 18 October 1927
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
When Boys Leave Home, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1927.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1927!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1927 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Marv Rotblatt: American baseball player (d. 2013).
- George C Scott: American actor (d. 1999).
- George Scott: American actor and director of stage and film, whose most famous movie role was "Patton" in 1970, and who turned down the Best Actor Academy Award for it because he considered the Oscars a "meat parade.
- Katherine Fanning in Chicago: Illinois, USA; editor (Christian Science Monitor - 1983).
- The first flight of Pan American Airways takes off from Key West, Florida, bound for Havana, Cuba.
- The Italian steamer ship ''Principessa Mafalda'' capsizes off Porto Seguro, Brazil. At least 314 people are killed.
- Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands opens the Meuse-Waal Canal in Nijmegen, Holland
- At 5:50 a.m. a ground fault gives way, causing the mine and part of the town of Worthington to collapse into a large chasm located in Ontario. Nobody is injured in the incident, as the area had been evacuated the night before after a mine foreman noticed abnormal rock shifts in the mine.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?