Monday 18 November 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley.
In UK That'll Be The Day by The Crickets was in the top 5 hits.
Zero Hour!, directed by Hall Bartlett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1957!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1957 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Tony Bunn: American bassist composer producer and writer.
- Sean Mac Falls: Irish poet.
- Serge Lazarevitch: French modern jazz guitarist and composer.
- Jenny Burton in New York City: USA; rocker ("Nobody Loves Me Like You Do").
- Sigvard Dam: Danish second-generation astrologer, the sonof Paul and Annelise Mahler Dam.
- Avi Ben-Abraham: Israeli modern-day charlatan who posed as a doctor, scientist, prodigy, and other lofty positions while hob-knobbing with the wealthy and powerful.
- Tunisia refuses Russian weapons
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?