Monday 20 July 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include T G Sheppard [William Browder] and Ron Bowden.
The Pride of the Yankees, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1942!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1942 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- T G Sheppard [William Browder]: Humbolt, Tennessee -- Singer (Devil in Bottle).
- Ron Bowden: Australian politician.
- T G Sheppard: American country music singer.
- Yves Mourousi: French television and radio news presenter and journalist.
- Pete Hamilton: American race car driver.
- Patric Cobb: British sea officer, dies in battle.
- Barbados dismiss Trinidad for 16 in 69 minutes, Derek Sealy 8-8
- Legion of Merit Medal authorized by Congress
- Time puts Russian Composer Dmitri Shostakovitch on its cover
- World War II: The first unit of the Women's Army Corps begins training in Des Moines, Iowa.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?