Tuesday 21 October 1986
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Natalee Holloway and William Ebersol.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to True Colors by Cyndi Lauper.
In UK True Blue by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
The Color of Money, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while It by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Irgendwie und sowieso.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Kiki KaiKai or Knight Tyme.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1986!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1986 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Natalee Holloway: American missing person (missing since 2005).
- William Ebersol: American noted family, the son and second child of Susan St. James and her husband Dick Ebersol.
- Christopher Uckermann: Pop Singer.
- Almen Abdi: Swiss footballer.
- Chibuzor Chilaka: Nigerian footballer.
- Scott Rendell: English footballer
- Tamerlan Tsarnaev: Russian-American terrorist (d. 2013)
- Christopher von Uckermann: Mexican singer-songwriter and actor (RBD)
- Lionel Murphy: Australian jurist and politician 22nd Attorney-General of Australia (d. 1986).
- IBM re-forms in South Africa
- Republic of Marshall Islands signs Compact of Free Association with US
- US writer Edward A Tracy kidnap in Beirut
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?