Friday 24 April 1936
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Things to Come, directed by William Cameron Menzies, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1936!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1936 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- Jill Ireland: British actress, playing in lead parts since the '50s.
- Graham Armitage: English actor (d. 1999).
- David Crombie: Canadian educator and politician 56th Mayor of Toronto.
- Glen Hobbie: American baseball player (d. 2013).
- Caupolican Ovalles: Venezuelan poet and revolutionary militant, whose irreverent verb was one of the boldest examples of the avant-garde design in the country.
- Roger Llanas: France sport Champion
- Daniel Logan: American top psychic, a gifted writer, lecturer and actor. He got his start as an actor but then moved up to theatrical agent, representing people like Woody Allen and Joan Rivers before they were well known.
- Robert Broussard: French Police Commissioner, considered a "Super-flic" ("super-cop"), who became a prefect.
- Patrick Nothomb: Belgian diplomat from 1960 - 2001, father of the Belgian writer Amélie Nothomb.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?