Friday 24 April 1936
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Broussard and Jill Ireland.
Things to Come, directed by William Cameron Menzies, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1936!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1936 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- Robert Broussard: French Police Commissioner, considered a "Super-flic" ("super-cop"), who became a prefect.
- Jill Ireland: British actress, playing in lead parts since the '50s.
- Daniel Logan: American top psychic, a gifted writer, lecturer and actor.
- Patrick Nothomb: Belgian diplomat from 1960 - 2001, father of the Belgian writer Amélie Nothomb.
- Caupolican Ovalles: Venezuelan poet and revolutionary militant, whose irreverent verb was one of the boldest examples of the avant-garde design in the country.
- Roger Llanas: France sport Champion
- Graham Armitage: English actor (d. 1999)
- David Crombie: Canadian educator and politician 56th Mayor of Toronto
- Glen Hobbie: American baseball player (d. 2013)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?