Tuesday 24 March 1936
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Great Ziegfeld, directed by Robert Z. Leonard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 March 1936!
Which were the important events of 24 March 1936 ?
- World Tuberculosis Day.
- Saint Simeon (died 1475)
- Ancient Latvia - Kazimiras Diena observed.
- Saint Catharine of Sweden ((died 1381)
- Alex Olmedo: Peruvian tennis champion in Men's Singles, 1959.
- Fredrick Kaufmamn: Composer.
- David Suzuki: Canadian scientist and environmentalist.
- John Colombo: Canadian author, editor, and poet, who has published over 200 titles, including major anthologies and reference works, making him the second-most prolific author in Canadian literary history.
- Red Wings beat Montreal Maroons in 16 minutes and 30 seconds of 6th period Stanley Cup game lasts 9 periods (176 mins), ends 1-0
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?