Wednesday 15 April 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hector Quintanar and Maurice Shock.
Things to Come, directed by William Cameron Menzies, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1936!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1936 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Hector Quintanar: Composer.
- Maurice Shock: rector (Lincoln College in Oxford).
- Philippe Euverte: French admiral, commander of French military forces in French Polynesia during the controversial nuclear weapon tests at Moruroa atoll in the mid 1990s.
- Raymond Poulidor: French bicycle racer, known as the "eternal second" because he never won the Tour de France despite finishing in second place three times, and in third place five times (including his final Tour at the age of 40).
- First day of the Arab revolt in Palestine.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 April 1936
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?