Tuesday 24 December 1991, Christmas Eve
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Black Or White by Michael Jackson.
In UK Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me by George Michael & Elton John was in the top 5 hits.
Naked Lunch, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while Scarlett by Alexandra Ripley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1991.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1991!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1991 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- Boy Sugarman: American noted family, the son of Entertainment Tonight host Mary Hart and her husband, Burt Sugarman.
- Louis Tomlinson: English pop singer and songwriter, and actor, known as a member of the boy band One Direction.
- Lara Michel: Swiss tennis player.
- Wasim Tareen: Pakistani footballer.
- Walter Hudson: 1,025-pound man, dies at age 46.
- Mikhail Gorbachev resigns as head of Soviet Union
- Russian SFSR President Boris Yeltsin sends a letter to UN Secretary-General Javier Pérez de Cuéllar, stating that Russia should be a successor to collapsing Soviet Union within the United Nations Organization.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1991 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Black Or White
- Boyz II Men - It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday
- Color Me Badd - All 4 Love
- PM Dawn - Set Adrift On Memory Bliss
- Michael Bolton - When A Man Loves A Woman
- Mariah Carey - Can't Let Go
- Paula Abdul - Blowing Kisses In The Wind
- Ce Ce Peniston - Finally
- 2 Legit 2 Quit - M.C. Hammer
- Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch - Wildside
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?