Wednesday 4 December 1991
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aiden Grimshaw .
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Black Or White by Michael Jackson.
In UK Dizzy by Vic Reeves & The Wonder Stuff was in the top 5 hits.
Hook, directed by Steven Spielberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while Scarlett by Alexandra Ripley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The julekalender.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Death Knights of Krynn or Dusk of the Gods.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1991!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1991 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- Judds final concert (Nashville)
- Pan American World Airways ceased operations
- Patricia Bowman testifies that William Kennedy Smith raped her
- Muslim Shiites in Lebanon release last US hostage Terry Anderson (held 6.5 years).
- Journalist Terry A. Anderson is released after 7 years in captivity as a hostage in Beirut. He is the last and longest-held American hostage in Lebanon.
- Captain Mark Pyle pilots Clipper Goodwill, a Pan American World Airways Boeing 727-221ADV, to Miami International Airport ending 64 years of Pan Am operations.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 December 1991
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1991 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Black Or White
- Michael Bolton - When A Man Loves A Woman
- PM Dawn - Set Adrift On Memory Bliss
- Boyz II Men - It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday
- Color Me Badd - All 4 Love
- Paula Abdul - Blowing Kisses In The Wind
- Prince - Cream
- Mariah Carey - Can't Let Go
- Amy Grant - That's What Love Is For
- Naughty By Nature - O.P.P.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?