Thursday 26 February 2004
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jade and Erin Buckles and Brooke Kosinski.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Yeah! by Usher.
In UK Take Me To The Clouds Above by LMC vs U2 was in the top 5 hits.
EuroTrip, directed by Jeff Schaffer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2004
while The South Beach Diet by Arthur Agatston was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pyjamas.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors or Fight Night 2004.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 2004!
Which were the important events of 26 February 2004 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Jade and Erin Buckles: American conjoined twins, successfully separated on June 19, 2004.
- Brooke Kosinski: Dancer.
- Republic of Macedonia President Boris Trajkovski is killed in a plane crash near Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- IDF soldiers fire against protesters against the Israeli West Bank barrier killing two and injuring 20, several of them seriously. (CNN)
- Expressions by Disney shareholders of a lack of confidence in its management continue. Five more state pension funds announced that they will not vote for the re-election of chairman (and chief executive) Michael Eisner at next week's meeting. These pension fundsnbsp– New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Virginianbsp– are following the lead of Californianbsp– CalPERS made its announcement to the same effect Wednesday. (TheStreet)
- Russian President Vladimir Putin opens the Chita-to-Khabarovsk Amur Highway connecting the Russian Far East alongside the Pacific to the rest of the country. Construction of the highway was begun in 1978. (''Tri-Valley Herald'')
- The President of the Republic of Macedonia Boris Trajkovski died in an airplane accident.
- Swiss police are investigating a man in the killing of an air traffic controller. The suspect apparently lost his family in a midair collision in 2002 the murder victim was on duty at the time of the crash.amp!-- Broken link
- Microsoft's Japan headquarters are raided on suspicion of violating anti-monopoly laws by the fair trade watchdog. (Mainichi)
- Israel raids four banks in the West Bank seizing currency amounting to over dollars from accounts which it alleged had been used to fund terrorism. Israel claims it will use the funds for humanitarian projects in Palestinian areas. The U.S. State Department criticized the Israeli raid, and Palestinian Arabs condemned it utterly. (SVT)
- Clare Short, former British Cabinet Minister, alleges on the BBC ''Today'' radio programme that British spies regularly intercept UN communications, including those of Kofi Annan, its Secretary-General. (BBC)
- Same-sex marriage in the United States:
- The mayor of New Paltz, a village in New York State, announces that the town will start performing civil marriages for same-sex couples. It will not attempt to issue marriage certificates, but married couples in New York State have six months from the date of their wedding to seek a certificate. (365Gay)
- Rosie O'Donnell marries her partner Kelli Carpenter at San Francisco City Hall. (AP)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2004 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?