Monday 26 May 1980
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Funkytown by Lipps, Inc..
In UK What's Another Year by Johnny Logan was in the top 5 hits.
The Canterbury Tales, directed by Pier Paolo Pasolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 May 1980!
Which were the important events of 26 May 1980 ?
- Saint Germain of Paris
- Blessed Pieter of Ter Duinen
- Saint William of Aquitaine
- Saint Simitrius
- Saint Philip Neri (died 1595)
- Saint Lambert (d.1154)
- Saint Berenger (died 1093)
- Georgia - National Day
- Poland - Mother's Day
- Australia - National Sorry Day
- Liam O'Neill: American noted family, his mother is the noted actress Faye Dunaway and his father is British photographer Terry O'Neill.
- Phillie Steve Carlton is 1st NLer to record 6, 1-hitters
- Soyuz 36 carries two cosmonauts (one Hungarian) to Salyut 6.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lipps, Inc. - Funkytown
- Blondie - Call Me
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up (Live At Glasgow)
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up
- Kenny Rogers - Don't Fall In Love With A Dreamer
- Dr. Hook - Sexy Eyes
- Ambrosia - Biggest Part Of Me
- The Brothers Johnson - Stomp!
- Linda Ronstadt - Hurt So Bad
- Bob Seger - Against The Wind
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?