Sunday 26 October 1919
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Blind Husbands, directed by Erich Stroheim, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1919.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1919!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1919 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- John Gronouski: American economist, government official.
- Ashraf Pahlavi: Iranian royalty, the twin-sister of the Shah of Iran.
- Mohammed Pahlavi: Iranian royalty, the Shah, an absolute monarch from 1941, formally crowned 1967.
- Mohammad Reza Pahlavi Aryamehr: Shah of Iran (1941-79).
- Edward W: Brooke first black senator in over 80 years (Senator-Republican-Mass).
- Edward Brooke: American lawyer and politician, and the first African-American elected to the U.S. Senate. A Republican from Massachusetts, Brooke was a 1941 graduate of Howard University, joined the service during WWII, and graduated with a law degree from Boston University Law School in 1948. After unsuccessful attempts to gain political office in Massachusetts, he was elected Attorney General in 1962 and again in 1964 where he established a reputation for himself as tough on organized crime. In 1966 he was e
- Ashraf: Princess Ashraf of Iran (d. 2016)
- Frank Bourgholtzer: American television correspondent (Born 1919)
- Mohammad Pahlavi: Shah of Iran (d. 1980)
- B C Hilliams musical Buddies, premieres in New York City
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Where the Lanterns Glow - Columbia Saxophone Sextette
- Henry Burr - Oh! What a Pal was Mary
- And He'd Say Oo-La-La! Wee Wee! - Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?