Thursday 31 January 2008
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Rambo, directed by Sylvester Stallone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dorm Life.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 19420: Joint Strike or Chrysler Classic Racing.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 2008!
Which were the important events of 31 January 2008 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 January
- Zeltim Odie Peterson: famous pug dog (Born 1997).
- Microsoft offers to buy Yahoo for US$44.6 billion: US$31 per share in cash and stock.
- In the USA, ABC airs the season four premiere of series Lost.
- War in Afghanistan:
- A suicide bomber at a mosque in Lashkar Gah, Afghanistan kills the deputy governor of Helmand Province, Pir Mohammad, and five others. (AP via the ''San Jose Mercury News'')
- Western officials and al-Qaeda websites claim Abu Laith al-Libi, a senior al-Qaeda leader in Afghanistan, has been killed in recent fighting. (BBC News)
- Internet failure affects parts of Asia and Africa after two undersea cables, SEA-ME-WE 4 and FLAG, are damaged. (CNN)
- All government ministers in French Polynesia resign en masse in solidarity with one of their colleagues, who was fined for corruption. (Radio New Zealand)
- A new disease, progressive inflammatory neuropathy (PIN), is found in pig slaughterhouse workers in southeastern Minnesota. (CDC)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 January 2008
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in January 2008?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?