Saturday 28 December 1985
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Say You, Say Me by Lionel Richie.
In UK Saving All My Love For You by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
Enemy Mine, directed by Wolfgang Petersen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while The Mammoth Hunters by Jean M. Auel was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1985!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1985 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Taryn Terrell: American wrestler/model.
- Kamani Hill: American soccer player.
- Meredith Kercher: English murder victim (d. 2007).
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- Warring Lebanese Muslim and Christian leaders sign peace agreement.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dionne & Friends - That's What Friends Are For
- The Cars - Tonight She Comes
- Lionel Richie - Say You, Say Me
- Mr. Mister - Broken Wings
- Phil Collins - Separate Lives
- Eddie Murphy - Party All The Time
- Simple Minds - Alive & Kicking
- Klymaxx - I Miss You
- John Cougar Mellencamp - Small Town
- Arcadia - Election Day
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 December 1985 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?