Wednesday 11 December 1985
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aiko Kayo and Andrew Khan.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Broken Wings by Mr. Mister.
In UK Saving All My Love For You by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
Brazil, directed by Terry Gilliam, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while The Mammoth Hunters by Jean M. Auel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Floyd on Fish.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battle City or Jason's Gem.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1985.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1985!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1985 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Aiko Kayo: Japanese idol singer.
- Andrew Khan: American born Pakistani royalty, the son of Princess Yasmin Khan and grandson of Prince Aly Khan and his wife, Rita Hayworth.
- Karla Souza: Mexican actress who made her US television debut in September 2014 as "Laurel Castillo" in producer Shonda Rhimes' legal drama series, How to Get Away with Murder.
- Aiko Kayō: Japanese singer and actress.
- Yekta Kurtuluş: Turkish footballer.
- Computer store owner in Sacramento California killed by package bomb
- NHL record 62 points scored, Edmonton (36) beats Chicago (17) 12-9 and ties record of 21 goals.
- Dow Jones Industrial Average closes above 1,500 for first time (1,511.70).
- General Electric acquires RCA Corp and its subsidiary, NBC.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?