Sunday 8 December 1985
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Josh Donaldson and Dwight Howard.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Broken Wings by Mr. Mister.
In UK Saving All My Love For You by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
Clue, directed by Jonathan Lynn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while The Mammoth Hunters by Jean M. Auel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Floyd on Fish.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Eidolon or Konami's Ping Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1985.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1985!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1985 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Josh Donaldson: Baseball Player.
- Dwight Howard: American basketball player.
- Meagan Duhamel: Canadian figure skater.
- Oleksiy Pecherov: Ukrainian basketball player.
- Laurie Rinker / Larry Rinker wins LPGA J C Penney Golf Classic
- 60th Australian Women's Tennis: M Navratilova beats C Evert (6-2, 4-6, 6-2).
- South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) established.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?