Saturday 28 June 1997
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Emiliano Flores and Celine Polenghi.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I'll Be Missing You by Puff Daddy & Faith Evans.
In UK Mmm Bop by Hanson was in the top 5 hits.
Men in Black, directed by Barry Sonnenfeld, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Carmen Sandiego Word Detective or Forbes Corporate Warrior.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1997!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1997 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
Famous Birthdays:28 June
- Master Class, closes at Golden Theater NYC after 601 performances
- Steel Peer, closes at Richard Rodgers Theater NYC after 76 performances
- TV evangelist Robert Schuller attacks a flight attendant
- Mike Tyson vs Evander Holyfield II : Tyson is disqualified in the 3rd round for biting a piece off Holyfield's ear.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Puff Daddy & Faith Evans - I'll Be Missing You
- Hanson - MMMbop
- Mark Morrison - Return Of The Mack
- Meredith Brooks - Bitch
- Bone Thugs N Harmony - Look Into My Eyes
- The Spice Girls - Say You'll Be There
- I Belong To You (Every Time I See Your Face) - Rome
- Tim McGraw - It's Your Love
- Changing Faces - G.H.E.T.T.O.U.T
- The Freshman - The Verve Pipe
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?