Sunday 29 August 1999
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Genie In A Bottle by Christina Aguilera.
In UK Better Off Alone by DJ Jurgen Presents Alice Deejay was in the top 5 hits.
The 13th Warrior, directed by John McTiernan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while Rainbow Six by Tom Clanc was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Armored Fist 3 or Dungeon Keeper 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1999!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1999 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 August
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1999 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Christina Aguilera - Genie In A Bottle
- Enrique Iglesias - Bailamos
- LFO - Summer Girls
- Destiny's Child - Bills, Bills, Bills
- Smash Mouth - All Star
- 702 - Where My Girls At?
- Jennifer Lopez - If You Had My Love
- K-Ci & JoJo - Tell Me It's Real
- The Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way
- Pearl Jam - Last Kiss
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?